Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mommy's rant

Spencer needed his second hair cut. His curls were getting fuzzy and hard to manage. So I mentioned it to some mommies in the playgroup and they suggested I go to Great Clips by our house. They said they take their kids there and it is cheaper than the kiddie hair place in town. Their kids have nice hair so this morning I packed Spencer and Ally in the stroller and walked to the Great Clips.
Spencer threw a fit, but beyond that, it was an awful experience. The woman was about as warm as a dead fish, her hands smelled like tobacco, and she talked to Spencer like he was a 10 year old not a 18 month old. "Honey I am not hurting you, sit still. I'm losing my line. I can't cut if you keep moving." Now I am sure it is very difficult to cut a wiggling toddlers hair, but his first hair cut was wonderful and he played and babbled and looked around the whole time.
I almost told her to stop cutting twice. By the time we left Ally was crying, Spencer was exhausted from his fit, and I was crying too. Here's the kicker. When I went to pay the cold fish lady said it was $12! The nice kiddie place in town is $18. So I only saved $6! Next time I will definitely go to the kiddie hair place and tell everyone I can to avoid the tobacco handed, cold fish lady.
Here is the result...




So it's not great but not the most awful hair cut ever, that goes to Mitch still.
So after all the drama mommy walked to starbucks and spent $3.50 on a latte. Grand total savings...$2.50.

No comments: